Current Series: They Ate Too
Despite all the disciples differences and shortcomings, Jesus still invited them ALL to the table! Jesus called these men for a purpose... He calls ALL of us for a purpose as well!
Scripture: Matthew 9:9
Despite the disciples' differences and shortcomings, Jesus still called ALL of them to join Him at the table. The order in which they were called is not important. What matters is that they were called!
• His birth name was Levi (used in the Gospels of Mark and Luke)
• He was a tax collector which made him unliked among his fellow Jewish brothers and sisters
• Upon receiving Jesus’ call to be His disciple, Matthew left his tax booth and immediately followed Jesus
• Matthew hosts a dinner and invites Jesus, the other disciples, and other tax collectors and sinners
• The Pharisees question the disciples. They ask, “Why does your teacher [Jesus] eat with such scum?”
• Jesus answers, “For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners!”
• Jesus came for the sinners, the unrighteous, the unwell
• Jesus came for people like Matthew… like me and you!
Join us Wednesday, March 22 @ 6:00 PM to hear about Thomas!
Peter was the loud, outspoken, extrovert of the bunch. Andrew was the quiet, introvert. God used both of these men in powerful ways!
James and John, the Sons of Thunder. Jesus helped turn their turbulent attitude to a love for people!
Philip's realistic way of thinking sometimes got in the way of his faith. Nathanael was a skeptic of Christ. Jesus still called them and they drew closer to Him.
Made with Easiest Website Builder